Hot News - Old, World

Driver looks into fuel tank using a lighter – you’ll never guess what happened next

1 17


Well, nobody ever said that all Kazakhstanis were geniuses!


It doesn’t take a genius to know that if you put a flame next to petrol or diesel you’re going to get a few sparks.

So perhaps somebody needs to have a word with this driver who used a lighter to see if his fuel tank was full.

In the footage, the man can just about be seen on top of the vehicle where it is believed he is trying to put diesel into a canister strapped onto the roof of his van.

Because it is difficult to see, he takes out a lighter which ignites the fumes causing a mini explosion, and burning flames begin flowing out of the nozzle.

The panicked man then drops the nozzle, which sprays burning fuel over the forecourt and other vehicles as he tries to flee for safety in the city of Taraz, in south-central Jambyl, Kazakhstan.

One brave car driver is seen rushing back and getting into his own vehicle as the fire spreads to a silver grey jeep and a white Lada that were parked on the other side of the tank.

The final seconds of the video show a huge amount of white smoke that is believed to be coming out of a fire extinguisher set off to put the blaze out.

Experts believe that the man in the lorry was using diesel fuel, warning that if it had been petrol, the explosion would have been devastating.

It is unclear whether anyone was injured, but the CCTV footage has gone viral.

Online commentator Irina Tyushnyakova said: ‘He is an idiot, even kids know how to behave at petrol stations and that fire is forbidden in the area.’

And Roman Romanov added: ‘I was wondering why he was trying to put fuel in on the roof.’


Related Posts

1 Comment

  1. Angus Rangus May 4, 2017 at 7:19 AM -  Reply

    Little Rock, AR water dept employees repairing broken line…
    1st shoveler: “what’s that bubbling up thru the water puddle…”
    2nd shoveler: “damn, we must have nicked Arkla’s natural gas line…”
    1st shoveler: “I’ll check it out with a match…”
    THEN, both sued Arkla for our dangerous product burning them profusely…

    Pond Creek, OK homeowner doing demo on unused bathroom…
    Wife: “what’s that skunk odor…”
    Man: “why, it smells like natural gas… ”
    She sued Arkla for death of Man lited fresh bowl of really good tobacco… dried toilet sump allowed gas from small leak in nearby neighbors service to migrate into his broken sewer line…

    Distraught man checked into motel… decided to commit suicide… manager noticed foul smell… turned off gas to unlit stove…saved man from death.
    Man sued Arkla for its ‘dangerous instrumentality’..

    YEP… just three of the Truly DUMB cases that cost us as a Nat Gas Utility…

    Hence… my expression… no doubt borrowed from someone else:

    You can’t fix STUPID… Double-Ugly… or the DNC!

Leave a reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Who's Online

8 visitors online now
1 guests, 7 bots, 0 members


Let's Stay Connected!

If you would like to stay connected an receive email updates about new stories posted you may add your email to our mailing list below. (Email addresses are kept private.)